Our Top Seller; Zucchini has a smooth skin of really dark green. It is slim and cylindrical in shape with excellent internal quality, making it ideal for freezing.
The courgette is probably the most popular form of all the marrow family. Picked young, it can be used in a host of different dishes, fried in garlic butter or stuffed. Delicious!
- Pack size: 20 Seeds
- WHEN TO SOW
- April to May indoors Mid-May to June outdoors
- WHERE TO SOW
- Sow seed on edge to prevent rotting in pots or trays during April to May 2cm (1") apart under glass at 20°C (68°F) using good quality seed sowing compost.
Sow outdoors mid-May to June direct into growing site 1cm (1/2") deep 2 to 3 seeds in each position 60cm (24") apart.
- WHAT TO DO NEXT
- Greenhouse sowings should be gradually hardened off once they have developed the first pair of rough leaves and transplanted to growing site in late-May to early-June 60cm (24") apart. Outdoor sowings should be thinned to one plant per station.
- July to October when fruits are approximately 10-15cm (4-6") long.
- HANDY TIP
- Plants will continuously produce new fruits if picked regularly. Fruits 10-15cm (4-6") long have the best flavour.
- NUTRITIONAL VALUES